Wednesday, January 8

Unworthy

Ephesians 4:1 -
"LIVE A LIFE WORTHY OF THE CALLING YOU HAVE RECEIVED."

It seems that I was called by God prior to "being worthy" of said call. Taken one way, that is incredibly humbling! God didn't see a "spark of greatness" in me, but rather saw a girl in a helpless state and a way for his power to be manifest.

Ephesians 5: 1, 8 -
"BE IMITATORS OF GOD... YOU WERE ONCE DARKNESS, BUT NOW YOU ARE LIGHT IN THE LORD."

Another way to see my unworthiness is as an encouragement. Even though I was darkness, he chose me and enabled me to be an imitator of the infinite God. I now have his power to do his will. He also gave me a commission to be "light" and "expose the fruitless deeds of darkness." God uses my worthless state to reveal his power and purpose in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts!