Monday, May 5

Snippets

On days like today, when I've gone to bed in full freak out mode and awoke, still panicking, the next day, I take some time to look through a book that's become my "anti-panic attack" book. It's a journal my friend Hannah gave me for my birthday this year, and I've begun to fill it with pictures and quotes that help me refocus and slow my heart down. In the interest of helping me do that this afternoon, I decided to type up a few selections from my book:


Tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun
(The Beatles)

I know that I can survive
I'll walk through the fire to save my life
And I want it; I want my life so bad.
(Sia)

As for God, his way is perfect,
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.
For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
(Ps. 18: 30-34)

Consult not your fears,
but your hopes and dreams. (Pope John XXIII)

Fluctuat nec mergitur (Latin for "it is tossed by waves and does not sink", the city of Paris motto)

Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. (Col. 3:2-3)

God knoweth what is needful for us, and all that He does is for our good. If we knew how much He loves us, we should always be ready to receive equally and with indifference from His hand the sweet and the bitter. All would please that came from Him. (Brother Lawrence)

Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the Lord will be my light.
(Micah 7:8)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts!